Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hair loss


I looked for hair loss at the hospital, after the chemo. Didn't see any.

It was lurking. And sneaky.

I've been combing and brushing my hair, but not with any real vigor. I just washed my hair myself; in the hospital the nurses washed my hair, while I protected my surgical port. It's been nearly a month, so I was thorough. Still no inkling....

Until I rinsed it under the shower and happened to look down. My chest was covered in hair. My hands were covered in hair. The drain was covered in hair -- I was really glad I put the trap in when I pulled the plug.

I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed. I ran my hands through each section. I rinsed some more.

I let it dry and picked up a comb. More hair; back to the bathroom. I combed it over the sink....

No, I'm not bald. I don't look that different. But the evidence is clear....

No comments:

Post a Comment